NASSM 2012 Conference
May 22-26, 2012
University of Washington's Center for Leadership in Athletics
in partnership with
Seattle University's Master's in Sports Administration & Leadership Program
and Seattle Pacific University's Department of Physical Education & Exercise Science
The presentation schedule and PDFs of accepted abstracts have been posted.
The online conference registration will be available until May 15. After that, only walk-up registration will be possible.
The 2012 Conference of the North American Society for Sport Management will be held May 22-26 at the Renaissance Hotel in Seattle, Washington. The Conference will be hosted by the University of Washington's Center for Leadership in Athletics, an organization housed in the College of Education at UW. The Center will partner with Seattle University's Master's in Sports Administration & Leadership Program and Seattle Pacific University's Department of Physical Education & Exercise Science to give NASSM members an enriching conference experience. Seattle is a diverse and vibrant city that provides the perfect setting for conference attendees to engage in academic discourse, collaborative networking, and professional development. The Renaissance Hotel, located in the heart of downtown, offers attendees unparalleled access to many of the great sights the city has to offer. Whether it is a stroll through downtown or afternoon kayaking, we are confident that you will have the opportunity to engage in the active lifestyle that is central to our career field and the Pacific Northwest community. See you in Seattle!
Please check this site frequently for updates regarding the conference program and conference services.
Dr. James J. Zhang (email@example.com)
Hannah Owings (firstname.lastname@example.org)
May 3, 2012
- PDFs of the conference abstracts have been added to the Program Schedule.
April 28, 2012
- Minor updates to the Program Schedule for the conference presentations and the Teaching & Learning Fair have been posted.
April 11, 2012
- The Program Schedule for the conference presentations has now been finalized.
April 10, 2012
- The block of rooms allocated for NASSM at the host hotel is nearly full. The Accomodations information has been updated with the details of an nearby hotel for which we have been able to arrange a group rate. Note that these group rates will only be valid until the end of April.
March 30, 2012
- The information for Presenters has now been posted.
- The details on our Sponsors have been added to the site.
March 20, 2012
- The Events Schedule has been finalized.
March 16, 2012
- The Preliminary Program Schedule for the conference presentations is now available.
- The Events Schedule has been updated.
March 15, 2012
- Online registration for the conference is now available.
March 2, 2012
- The Student Initiatives page has been updated with the details of the pre-conference workshop geared toward student development.
- The tentative Events Schedule has been posted.
January 12, 2012
- The accept and reject notices for submitted abstracts have been distributed via email to all authors.
November 8, 2011
- The Call for Papers for the Teaching and Learning Fair has been posted.
September 29, 2011
- The Conference Registration Rates have been posted.
- A link for the online submission of abstracts has been added to the site. Note that abstracts will be accepted starting on October 1, 2011, and will no longer be accepted after November 1, 2011 (11:59 PM PST).
September 13, 2011
- The NASSM 2012 Call for Papers has now been posted.
May 23, 2011
- The conference Web site is now online. As more information becomes available, it will be posted here.